Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorLang, Sarah F.
dc.contributor.authorNelson, Charles A.
dc.contributor.authorCollins, Paul F.
dc.date.accessioned2018-03-26T16:37:55Z
dc.date.issued1990
dc.identifierQuick submit: 2013-09-16T14:46:31-04:00
dc.identifier.citationLang, Sarah F., Charles A. Nelson, and Paul F. Collins. 1990. Event-Related Potentials to Emotional and Neutral Stimuli. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology 12, no. 6: 946–958.en_US
dc.identifier.issn1380-3395en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.InstRepos:35135976
dc.description.abstractThe present study examined subjects' cognitive processing of pictures of emotional and neutral facial expressions, as measured by Event-Related Potentials (ERPs). In Experiment 1, 10 subjects viewed two slides of a woman modelling angry and happy expressions; in Experiment 2, 10 subjects viewed slides of two women modelling neutral expressions. One face appeared on 20% of the trials and the other on 80% of the trials. Subjects counted the low frequency target face. In both experiments, the area of the P300 component was larger at Pz than Cz. In Experiment 1, P300 area was larger when the target was happy; peak amplitude was greater when the target was angry. No differences between neutral target faces were found for P300 amplitude or area in Experiment 2. These results suggest that emotional versus neutral facial expressions elicit different electrophysiological responses; responses are further differentiated to positive versus negative expressions.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherSwets & Zeitlingeren_US
dc.relation.isversionofdoi:10.1080/01688639008401033en_US
dash.licenseMETA_ONLY
dc.titleEvent-Related Potentials to Emotional and Neutral Stimulien_US
dc.typeJournal Articleen_US
dc.date.updated2013-09-16T18:47:11Z
dc.description.versionVersion of Recorden_US
dc.rights.holderLang SF, Nelson CA, & Collins PF+
dc.relation.journalJournal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychologyen_US
dash.depositing.authorNelson, Charles A.
dash.embargo.until10000-01-01
dc.identifier.doi10.1080/01688639008401033*
workflow.legacycommentsnoap.needmanen_US
dash.contributor.affiliatedNelson, Charles


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record